Sunday 26 October 2014

Desk essentials haul

I have recently been getting a lot of stationary bits for my desk so I thought I would show you them.

I have a few pastel document wallets which help keep me organised with different things along with my planner which I recently wrote a post on here. I actually have a few different planners, again for different things. I have been making use of my blogging one recently and hope this stays! I find writing notes and jotting things down on specific dates helps you as starts becoming a target you need to reach.

In a similar vain to my planners and diaries I also have this To-Do list notepad. I purchased this a while back but only recently started using it. I like the layout as it includes things like errands and tasks as well as a place for notes. The check mark boxes on the side really keep you motivated. Each time I tick a box I feel a slight sense of achievement. Sad haha. I purchased the floral weekly planner the other day from B & M Bargains (my favourite shop!). I am excited to start filling it up, might use it for blog designing. How many planners does one need?

I love using these mini Crayola markers when organising my wall planner. They were only around £3 as well, super bargain! Using different colours whilst writing makes it more interesting and fun! It also helps me remember things better.

I also always try and have at least one candle on my desk, just now I have the Yankee Candle, Sugared Apple burning. I love this scent and couldn’t help but repurchase this year. It’s perfect for this season and smells like caramelised apples. Candles always make rooms more cosy, especially around Autumn/Winter time.

I love using these jewellery holders for holding little bits of stationary. This rabbit one is from The Range and was around £2. As an alternative to paper clips I find these metal clips work a lot better, not only do they hold more paper but it also feels a lot more secure. I purchased these mint ones from Tesco but these alternatives are just as cute! 

Along with my laptop and camera I also have a few other tech essentials. I use a Platinum SD card (class 10)* for my camera. This particular card is great for when taking blog photos because it transfers onto the laptop a lot quicker compared to any others I’ve previously owned. The class 10 version also allows me to take simultaneous shots on my camera without it lagging. The card is really inexpensive at £14.99. I also regularly back up items onto my Platinum USB stick*. These USB sticks are great for transferring documents, photos etc. They are great also if you are a student too and can be popped into your bag for convenience.

I’m typing this whilst listening to Glee Christmas; version 1, 2 and 3. Too soon? Too soon.

What are your desk essentials?

15 comments:

  1. I can't believe that floral planner is from B&M bargains! It's gorgeous!

    Lauren x
    http://whatlaurendidtoday.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that rabbit jewellery holder! My desk is covered in Paperchase goodies! That shop is just too good, but I feel like I need a trip to a B&M soon.

    illustrated-teacup.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely going to have to get myself to B&M for that floral planner!

    Faye
    freckles&all

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been looking for a desk planner and can't find one anywhere! A great idea for the jewellery holder, never thought of that!

    Amy at Amy & More

    ReplyDelete
  5. The to-do list is great - I use something similar within my Filofax and it really helps me stay organised! x

    NINEGRANDSTUDENT: A Student Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your desk must look so pretty! Calls for a desk tour!

    Hannah Rose

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that floral planner, it is so shabby chic. I love anything to do with stationary, a little obsessed I would even go as far as to say.

    zoea2812.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to get a planner like this, it's so pretty too! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely looking desk, puts mine to shame! I do like a good weekly planner, I live by mine!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh you're tempting a stationary fiend to spend away her student loan! Absolutely adore the floral planner but dammit, I already have something similar.

    Elesaurus | elesaurusrawr.blogspot.com
    YouTube - Eleanor Rose

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love writing lists and staying organised so these would be great for everyday use! Also, I absolutely LOVE that jewellery holder...I have been to The Range a few times but have never seen it, hopefully I can hunt one down :D

    Sophia Meola | A Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the floral planner, I might just have to go and pick it up! I recently picked up Sugared Apple and it's beautiful, it's perfect for Autumn
    sammy xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like a trip to b&m
    Is in order love the planner xx Www.dream1ncolour.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. All of this stationary is so pretty, and there is nothing like a to do list to keep you organised!

    Abbie|Thoughtsandthunder

    ReplyDelete

I read each and every comment! Thank you for taking the time to read my blog ♡

Blog design by aleelilydesigns